Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Focus and Succeed

   Focus is one of the key components to reach success.  It is vital to exercise focus both presently as well as in planning for the future.  I will discuss three major pitfalls that get most people off track and cause them to not reach their goals. Learn to overcome distractions and master the Art of Focus.  Remember, with consistent practice you will see progress and ultimately success.

   Input comes from all around us through our five senses.  We can easily become distracted and sucked into the pitfall of “Going with the Flow”.  Oftentimes”The flow” goes against your ability to take deliberate action.  An example of that would be having a goal to work for the next fifteen minutes and someone comes up and starts a conversation.  Before you know it your fifteen minutes are gone.  Becoming laser focused would be telling everyone that you are not to be disturbed for the next fifteen minutes and you then need to make sure that you do not allow any interruptions.  Try this and you will be surprised how quickly you move closer toward success!

   The next major pitfall is not being “In the Moment”.  As a Martial Artist and a former Olympic athlete I learned to completely clear my mind prior to training.  The reason was so that I could be totally “In the Moment”.  If I was not, there was the possibility of suffering a severe injury.   There is so much power when you turn on your brain full blast and be totally “In the Moment”.  I have noticed that I can accomplish in 15 minutes what would normally take 45 minutes when I plan to be totally focused and motivated.  Before you start your fifteen minutes prepare for 30-45 seconds to be totally “In the moment”.  I promise the results will astound you!

   The final pitfall discussed today will be consistency.  Spend fifteen minutes a day, EVERY DAY, doing anything and you will reach success in that area.  Most of the people I know quit just before they had a breakthrough.  I know that if I can get a student to blue belt they will go all the way to black belt.  I know if I have a student practice spinning every day for only 5 minutes a day over the course of four months they will have a great spin kick.  Two years ago one of my mentors challenged me to write something every day.   When I began to write it would take forty five minutes to an hour and a half to write a simple blog post.  Now I can write one in about twenty minutes.   This year I wrote my first book, Unleash the Power of Focus. The power of consistency indeed is incredible!

The formula for success:

  • ·         Avoid Distractions
  • ·         Be in the moment
  • ·         Consistent practice
Reach for your dreams and you will not be disappointed!


Tammie Lawrence is the founder of Golden Tiger Martial Arts Inc. and www.parentingclever.com.  She speaks to organizations and businesses about success principles and positive mindset.    Tammie can be reached at info@martialartsgt.com or 909-381-9603.  www.martialartsgt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment